Friday, September 5, 2008

Kroger Scenario for Friday, September 5

There were only a few items that I had originally planned to get this week at Kroger; however, the perfect combination of hidden deals, a $/$ coupon that is about to expire, and 2 great unadvertised Catalina offers turned even this bad sale week into a potential good deal.

Due to the South Beach Diet Catalina offer expiring, Friday is the only day this scenario is possible.

If you click on the chart below you can see my plans.




I allowed for some extra padding because I am unclear if the e-coupons will be deducted before or after the $10/$50 coupon (It does come off before physical coupons, just unsure about the Cellfire, and Shortcuts Coupons). I also allowed for a slight difference in price (especially the pizza) or if they are out of an item.

I will have a few Kiwi coupons with me as additional filler if I need them. I don't want to use them tomorrow unless if I have to because I sill have some time to use them before they expire and may need them as filler items in the future. I don't know if Cellfire will continue with $/$ coupons, but I still have a few left from LAST year's Entertainment Book (Rumor is Kroger will not be participating this year).

I my plans excluded any coupons that explicitly said Free on them, but there are several inexpensive items that can be routinely gotten for free or very cheap. The key is the higher you can build your total up with free items then the more of the $10 can be put towards the items that you need that you don't have a coupon for.

I opted to save my additional Powerade coupons to roll in a future deal instead of taking the additional savings off of my total.

According to my calculations I will save 67.5% before the Catalinas and Caregivers Rebate. If I take those into consideration (which I shouldn't until I spend it/get the check in the mail) I will have saved 84%.

I'll report back with my actual deal later.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the scenario! Some of your links are not working correctly, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm still learning Blogger. The links should be fixed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete