Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Publix Highlights for the Week of September 17

Just a reminder that my ad week starts on Wednesday, but some areas start on Thursday. Check your local ad to verify your schedule. I live in the Metro Atlanta Area where coupons double up to .50 face value, and when an item is BOGO you only have to buy one in order to get an item 1/2 price. Seniors get an additional 5% off of their order on Wednesdays. Look for the Penny Item coupons in the Publix ad in Sunday's paper to use on Monday. I try to list the best deals for the week, but for a complete list of sales and insert coupons visit Coupon Mom who will have the weekly ad posted on Thursday.

Don't forget to use competitor's coupons if you have them! After being told no several years ago I didn't ask again until a few weeks ago when I kept reading posts that Publix accepts them. Since then they have made a huge difference in my grocery bill.

The Best of the Loss Leaders without coupons:

Bartlett Pears .99/lb.

Orange Juice $2.49/gallon

Ground Chuck $1.97/pound

Publix Salad Mix BOGO $2.99 ($1.50/1)

The Best of the Sales with Coupons:


Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil 32 oz. BOGO $11.99
$5.00 after $1/1 printable coupon - I know this isn't cheap, but it is a great price for what it is! Compare the price to the Aldi brand 16 oz bottle at $3.99 the last time I checked, so it is like getting the second 16 oz for $1. If you need this, but you have a tight budget be sure to use a $/$ competitor's coupon to help defray some of the expense. I'm hopeful that Walgreen's will put out another $/$ coupon this weekend.

V8 Splash BOGO $2.99
.50/1 after $1/2 (Yellow Advantage Buys Book) AND .50/2 (doubled) (8/17 S)

Arnold Bread BOGO $2.79
$.90/1 after .50/1 printable coupon that reads do not double; however, it is up to the store if they double it so .40/1 if doubled. I know that this coupon is in a PDF format which is usually a warning sign for printable coupons; however, it does appear to be legit and has been approved by HCW.

Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mix BOGO $1.59
Rumor is there is a $1/2 printable coupon, but I'm unable to find it.
However, I did find $1/1 carrot cake mix coupon which is excluded from the sale.

Huggies Bath Products BOGO $3.29
.65/1 after $1/1 (home mailer)
Maybe some new coupons will come out in the Sunday inserts.

Special Situations:

Huggies Box Diapers $5/1 coupon found in the Publix ad. I did the math on the cost per diaper on the boxes vs the jumbo packs. I would have to get the price of the box down to $15 or less for this to be a deal for me. However, this may not be impossible to do if you stack your coupons. Keep in mind the boxes do not qualify for the Caregivers Rebate.
Let's assume a shelf price of $25-$26 I'm not sure of the actual price, but it is a best guess.
Use $5.00 coupon from ad
Use $1.00 (8/24 S) OR $1.50/1 (home mailer)
Use $4/$20 Competitor's coupon OR higher value Competior's coupon (maybe Walgreen's will have another one out this weekend).
With the coupons I currently have my goal of $15/box is doable if the shelf price is $25.50 or less. Maybe Walgreen's will have another high value coupon this weekend to sweeten the deal.

Centrum Multivitamin Multimineral Vitamins - $10.99
IF Cardio Vitamins are included it will be a $2 money maker after
$3/1 coupon and $10/1 rebate (9/7 RP) - Good to use with $/$ competitor's coupon

Del Monte Vegetables, Tomatoes, and Cottege Inn items are BOGO - I think that it is about time for the fall Del Monte Coupons to come out soon. These items are not a deal unless these coupons come out with a high face value. Generic brands tend to run .42 - .50 can for vegetables and tomatoes.

Remember to check the current Advantage Buys ad for some great sales too!

Later I will be posting links to the Current Food Lion Printable coupons. If you have a Food Lion in your area you will be able to use these at Publix as a competitor's coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment