Friday, September 26, 2008

Praying Before You Shop

As Christians, we should remember that God is with us in all things and that nothing is too big or small for us to take to Him in prayer. Your shopping shopping trip may be such a part of your routine that you haven't considered praying about it. Personally, I have found that praying before my shopping trips really helps me. I can tell a difference in how my trip goes when I have taken the time to pray.

Whether you are making a quick stop for a couple of items or making a larger purchase I would encourage you to pray about it. You can do this before you leave your home in preparation for your trip, make use of the time in the car and pray on the way, or even while you are shopping.

Here are few things that you could consider praying about your shopping trip:

- Your safety


- Preparation for your trip to be efficient and without error

- Your trip is productive and a good use of your time

- To be a good steward of the money God has given you

- Not make unnecessary/ spontaneous purchases that are often costly

- Clarity of thought (Especially when doing complex scenarios.)

- Find the items that you were planning to buy (in stock, easy to locate)

- Peace for when things don't go the way you want them to (The shelves had been cleared of the sale items, problems at the checkout)

- Your children to have good cheerful attitudes/behave

- Shopping trip and checkout to go smoothly

- To make or come in under budget

- Opportunities to help others (finding items to donate inexpensively, listening, offering a helping hand, answering a question, a cheerful smile)

- Ability to teach/share with others who are interested how to save money

- Things you purchase are a blessing to your family and others

- Protection from sin (covetousness, idolatry)

- Faith that God will provide the things that you need

- God's light to shine through you to those you encounter

- Wisdom and guidance from God in all things

When you return home remember to thank God for what he has provided and the opportunities that you had.

For other Frugal Friday topics be sure to visit Crystal's blog.

7 comments:

  1. What a refreshing reminder, thanks. My husband always has to remind me that God works in the details of our life. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent. I appreciate your tips on what to pray for. I will remember this next time I shop (I hope!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder. I forget to go to Him in all things. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!!! this is something i have long trained my kids to do and it's great to have some "back-up" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great suggestions! Happy Frugal Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list. I often pray before I shop, but I could do it more and you've given me more things to pray about than what I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful list! There are some on there that I wouldn't have thought of praying about. If you don't mind, I'm going to print this out to put in my home management binder. Thanks again. =)

    ReplyDelete