Thursday, September 18, 2008

Upromise is Now Offering E-coupons



Even though I didn't have children I started using Upromise years ago. I knew that I would be able to find someone who could use the money accumulated in the account. I don't go out of my way to buy Upromise items, but if I happen to be getting them it is a nice bonus. In fact, I don't even know what the current participating brands are. I did find a list here if you are interested, but as you can see participating products add a small percentage to you are account.

Recently, Upromise has added e-coupons for account users. Instead of getting the coupon value off of your purchase price at the register it goes into your Upromise account instead. However, don't be fooled into thinking it is the same value as getting it at the register because of the time value of money, but that is a lesson for another day.

It appears that these "coupons" will work in the Metro Atlanta Area at CVS, Publix, Kroger, or Ingles. You must use your shopper's or Upromise card that is linked to your Upromise account to use them.

I think these offerings will help to sweeten the deals even more for stores who do not currently offer e-coupons. You should be able to stack these with traditional paper coupons. Remember, never buy a product just to get credit in your Upromise account.

If you are a Kroger shopper and plan to use other e-coupons be sure that the same products are not loaded to your card or you will be getting Upromise credit instead. However, if you planned on buying the same products at Kroger and CVS if both coupons are loaded go to CVS first so you can take advantage of both offers. Or buy multiples of the same product at Kroger.

Click here for the current list of e-coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment